DBm gives researchers at UGent or its associated partners the opportunity to bring research results into practice, creating added value for their scientific work and much more. Advise and coaching is offered, amongst other on the following aspects:
- R&D&I (research, development and invitation) projects with stakeholders in the construction sector.
- Applying and running basic or applied science projects, as well as European projects, often in interaction with industry.
- Support in writing the 'valorisation, commercialisation or wider impact' part in project funding proposals.
- Support in making an invention disclosure, and prosecution of patent applications (including financing of initial application stages).
- Support to entrepreneurial researchers in setting up a spin-off company.
- Providing better access to patent literature and funding schemes with a technology development component.
- Support in contract and intellectual property negotiations.
PhD students, post-docs and researchers at UGent, searching for assistance on these so-called 'valorisation of research' aspects can contact us at DBm.